Follow Tate while he chases his dreams of winning an Olympic Gold Medal for Australia in Flatwater Kayaking at the London Olympic Games. From his background in Surf Ski paddling through Surf Lifesaving, Tate has adapted his skills to the Olympic sport of Flatwater Kayaking, and is now one of the senior members of the National Flatwater Kayak Team.

Wednesday 25 January 2012

NEW TEAM

I'm very excited to have joined the Slipstream Team. www.slipstreamsurf.com.au I'm looking forward to racing the Surf X single ski. Good friend Gavin Clark has welcomed me on board, and the Slipstream ski is exactly what I have been looking for. It's overall speed and acceleration is second to none, I really feel I can get this ski running very fast. Also the transition from my kayak to ski is very easy as the seating position is higher than your feet, which allows me to get over my stroke and put more power on the catch. The most important design I notice in the ski, is it's ability to hold waves. The tail allows the ski to track really nice down a wave and gives great control.
Hugh Doherty at Newcastle 22 January for Round 3 Nutri-Grain Series

No comments:

Post a Comment