Follow Tate while he chases his dreams of winning an Olympic Gold Medal for Australia in Flatwater Kayaking at the London Olympic Games. From his background in Surf Ski paddling through Surf Lifesaving, Tate has adapted his skills to the Olympic sport of Flatwater Kayaking, and is now one of the senior members of the National Flatwater Kayak Team.

Sunday 18 March 2012

QLD STATE SURF TITLES


Ski Relay Qld State Champs - Shannon, Tate, Cory
So after the Aussie kayak championships, I jumped on a plane and flew straight back to Gold Coast to compete in the QLD surf tiles. It was such a relief to just get back to the ocean and have some fun on my ski. Kurruwa was at it's typical best, waves breaking everywhere and the wind was howling from the south. Giving some great conditions to race in.
Overall I was extremely happy with my results especially winning the single ski, and my new Slipstream Ski was a gem! It was so easy to jump straight out of my kayak and into my ski. The slipstream is perfect in tricky Kurruwa conditions.
I'm really looking forward to Aussies, hanging under the tent with Northcliffe  and watching everyone do well.

Good Luck the Cliffe!

No comments:

Post a Comment