Follow Tate while he chases his dreams of winning an Olympic Gold Medal for Australia in Flatwater Kayaking at the London Olympic Games. From his background in Surf Ski paddling through Surf Lifesaving, Tate has adapted his skills to the Olympic sport of Flatwater Kayaking, and is now one of the senior members of the National Flatwater Kayak Team.

Sunday 18 March 2012

LONDON HERE I COME!

I'm very excited to have qualified for my second Olympic games in the K4 1000m with David Smith, Murray Stewart and Jacob Clear. The Australian Championships/ Trials were some fierce racing and it all started in the K4 final. The Western Australian crew had the paddle of their lives producing a PB and challenging us all the way to the line, it was a good race and we were happy with the time considering were we have to be come London.
The good thing now is the team has been selected so we all know what events will be racing in, this gives us plenty of time to plan and work towards our goals with minimal distractions. Personally I feel in a great position to produce the best results I can.
So in a couple of weeks after the Aussie surf titles I will begin to plan my European campaign leading into London, which I will keep you posted on!




No comments:

Post a Comment